Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Inversions and the end of a quarter

Tonight I decided to work on inversions with a little help from David.  I wanted to make sure that I give myself the opportunity to feel verticality.  I have always had a problem with inversions, mainly with getting my pelvis in the right alignment over my head.  What I felt when I was finally vertical was a lengthened feeling in my abdominal wall.  Well, actually, engagement AND length at the same time.  It was great!  Also, I think I might need to consider that my back will feel a little arched at first because normally I want to round my back when my head is going to the floor.

It was a liberating experience tonight and one of many experiences from this quarter's yoga class that I will happily carry with me into other areas of my life.

Tomorrow is technically when yoga journals are due (in my case, my yoga blog).  I suppose this could be my last post as it would have fulfilled my class assignment.  I will, however, continue to post findings, revelations, etc once a week as my yoga practice is never-ending and always developing.

So... Thank you Michael Morris for your guidance and inspiration!

Till next week...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your "yoga musings" with all of us. In reference to your comments on inversions, I also struggle with inversions. My teacher, Tias Little, told me this is due to the fact that I do not like my world being turned upside down and I am not letting go and trusting that things will still be okay. Very accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have really enjoyed this blog...you've taken me with you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed it as well! I think next quarter I am going to ask all of my students to keep blogs as their journals. It was so easy to follow you and "stay in touch" with your practice and ideas this way. Thank you for such a great idea, and for sharing your practice/journey with such generosity.

    It's been a pleasure.
    -M

    ReplyDelete